Monday, February 4, 2013

What are we doing? #PucaTrade Week 5 of 52:

PucaTrade went through a slight change of plans this week. An incredibly brilliant advisor of mine from Seattle turned me on to Kickstarter. I had always known that Kickstarter existed, but it never felt like a perfect fit for PucaTrade because we’ve never previously had a dire need for capital. One of the great things about PucaTrade has been the relatively small amount of overhead in requires (server costs and domain hosting), but this situation is changing a bit. PucaTrade needs to evolve. Quickly. It’s no longer a site that should evolve at the slow (albeit steady) pace that it has been plodding along at since April. I want personal profile spaces, visible want lists, support for condition, a messaging system, and support for foils! I want support for foreign languages, vacation mode, feedback ratings, a visually appealing Send page, and archived price data for Pro members. I want 2-factor authentication so that credits (PucaPoints) can be given freely to new members just for signing up, or completing their fist trade, or leaving their first feedback, or contributing their first post in the forum, or inviting a friend. I want all this and much, much more, and it turns out that all this requires capital. So I spent the week researching Kickstarter. It seems like an incredibly rad way for PucaTrade to get the boost it needs right now, to immediately finance the production of all the things I listed above. It was a powerful week. By whatever means necessary, it’s my promise to you all that I won’t stop working my ass off until all the features I listed above have been developed for you (and probably won’t stop even then). Until next week, Happy Trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment